Faith & Vocation Fellowship
Our fellowships are learning environments where participants can explore what it is like to work in vocational ministry. Faith & Vocation Fellowships at Lutheran Campus Ministry are designed to provide opportunities for students to:
- Grow in relationship with God through knowledge and faith practices
- Develop a close community of faith in which to reflect on God’s presence in daily life
- Serve others through partner ministries, exploring the diverse ways Christians serve Christ
The Faith & Vocation Fellowship program is a year-long commitment of approximately 12 hours per week during the academic year, excluding finals (15 weeks per semester). Each fellow will receive a stipend of $500 per month September – May (9 months).
The program consists of two parts: the weekly cohort group meeting and service in a partner ministry site.
Weekly cohort group meetings will be held Sundays from 2pm to 4pm during the academic term. These meetings will include three parts:
- A short time for collective spiritual practices based on ancient and contemporary forms of prayer such as contemplative prayer, mindfulness meditation, lectio divina (meditation on scripture), intercessory prayer, the examen, etc.
- Time for group conversation and reflection on issues and topics inspired by experiences in ministry sites and daily life.
- An introduction to several topics including: Biblical Interpretation, Lutheran Theology and Practice, and Faith in Daily Life.
Each fellow will also be assigned a partner ministry site to serve for approximately 10 hours per week on average.
- Ministry sites will be chosen based on interests of the fellow and needs of the particular ministry.
- Service will include hands on work as well as shadowing and learning from on-site leaders.
- Each Fellow will be assigned an on-site supervisor who will help navigate his or her work.
- The on-site supervisor and fellow will meet 1-2 times per month to reflect on the experience.
Application Process & Timeline:
April – Applications Available
May – Conversations about program and possible Ministry Site Placements
June 1 – Notification of offer for participation; specific ministry site placement opportunity
June 15 – Deadline for agreement to participate
Contact Rev Emily Tveite email@example.com or 608-257-7178 with any questions about the process, application, or fellowship.