Meeting basic needs.
Raising up student leaders.
What is it?
The Keep is a student resource space, located in the basement of Luther Memorial Church. The Keep hosts a food pantry that serves UW-Madison, Edgewood, and Madison College students, faculty and staff. The Keep also hosts up to five student organizations that care for the campus and community by meeting basic needs.
The mission of The Keep is to
- Support the efforts of students at the UW-Madison, Edgewood College, and Madison College, to respond to critical needs in the campus and Madison communities.
- Empower students to care for others and raise up conscientious and engaged community members.
- Alleviate needs in the Madison area as well as the UW-Madison community through food, shelter, clothing and other basic needs.
Who can use it?
- Registered Student Organizations of UW Madison, Madison College, and Edgewood College (consideration may be made for non-RSOs) There are a maximum of four spaces available.
- Organizations working on projects related to the basic needs of the community – food, clothing, & shelter.
The Keep is located in the basement of Luther Memorial (1021 University Ave, Madison). Enter through the courtyard doors on University Avenue. Take the east (maroon) elevator or the stairs to the lowest level.
The Keep @ Luther Memorial
1021 University Ave, Madison, WI 53715.
Students – If you have an idea or see a basic need that is unmet in your community, contact Pastor Emily at Lutheran Campus Ministry in Madison firstname.lastname@example.org.
By providing nutritious food choices we minimize the challenges our guests may experience and allow them to focus their energies on their academic and career pursuits. The Keep Food Pantry is a ministry of Luther Memorial Church.
The Keep Food Pantry serves students, staff, and faculty of University of Wisconsin-Madison, Edgewood College, and Madison College.
For more information please visit The Keep Food Pantry.
BundleUp provides homeless individuals in the Madison community with cold-weather items and personal hygiene products. We aim accomplish this goal via a 3 step process:
- Collection: Gently used clothing items and new, sealed hygiene products are collected in bins located throughout the Madison area
- Distribution: Items are washed and distributed either directly to individuals in need or given to community partners to share as they see fit
- Reinvestment: Funds raised are utilized to purchase additional items based on need and community demand
The prevalence of financial instability among students on campus is a cause of urgent concern. There have been measures taken among the campus community to combat this financial insecurity such as the creation of a food pantry for students in need.
It is clear that acquiring event the most basic essentials can be a constant battle for these students. In recognizing that difficulties to make ends meet beyond food items, The Badger Caring Closet seeks to provide other dailyis our hope that easing the financial burden of items such as clothing, hygiene products and school supplies will allow students to refocus on their education.
The Keep is currently accepting applications for the 2018-2019 academic year. Contact Pastor Emily Tveite email@example.com or 608-257-7178 with any questions about the process, application, or eligibility.
Please read the following information thoroughly before applying.
We need volunteers to serve as mentors for the student groups. Mentors meet with their groups 4-6 times per year and also help connect groups to other resources within the congregation and community.
Interested? Contact Pastor John Worzala Dumke at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 258-3160 ext 13.