If you are starting college this year and living in a dorm, it might be a good idea to pack an emergency COVID-19 bag in case you have to go into a quarantine or isolation space.
The possibility exists that you may test positive, and have to leave your dorm for a quarantine location or isolation space. It’s not too late, even if you’ve moved in already, to pre-pack a quarantine bag and stash it in your closet. It would be so much easier to ask a roommate to grab “the blue Nike bag in the closet and my laptop” than to try to figure out what you’ll want/need for two weeks. Below is a list to help you get started!
If you do find yourself in quarantine, please reach out to LCM Campus Pastor Emily when you can. We’d love to cover you in prayer and support you however we can.
College quarantine go-bag check list
- List of important people’s names and contact info
- Don’t forget Pr Emily, your LCM Campus Pastor!
- Any allergies or important medical or health information
Clothes (2 sets of each)
- Socks – fuzzy or plain
- Flip flops
Food and Drink
- Protein bars or other snacks
- Water flavor enhancing drops/powdered gatorade
- Tea packets
- Water bottle
Medical and Hygiene
- Several paper face masks in a ziplock
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Comb or brush, hair ties
- Chapstick or lip balm
- Body lotion
- Small shampoo and conditioner
- Feminine hygiene supplies
- Digital thermometer
- Acetaminophen and/or Ibuprofen
- Cough drops
- Extra prescription medicines
- Hand disinfectant that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Mucinex DM or Robitussin Cough and Chest Congestion
- Hand soap – put a pump in a ziplock so it doesn’t spill
- Extra phone charger
- Fleece blanket – the smallest one that might fit into a large ziplock
- Some sort of distraction-even a coloring book and crayons or a deck of cards